Searching for Truth

Sunday 12 April 2015

The Infamous "Blurb', and Why I LOVE the Internet!!

Oh yes, I do, I really, really, do love the internet. Like almost anything the internet can be used for good--or it can be used for evil.  I have chosen to use it to help me create a better book by garnering the opinion of others, and I'm so glad I did! On Facebook for instance, people have been more than willing to evaluate and critique my work so that I can improve it. I can't tell you how much I appreciate their efforts.
For example, my first book cover was of the Orion constellation over Stonehenge. I thought it was quite pretty, and even though Stonehenge is featured in my novel, it isn't the focus of my novel, so I was told potential readers would become confused. Most thought it was about Druids, or even gods, since Gods are in the title of my book--but neither is true. At least not gods in the sense of how humans think of gods.
So I changed things up a bit.
Before
After

To this..............



















As for the blurb on the back, I was told I need to be a little more specific with the details, so here it is. Let me know what you think of it.

Alison Gregory had lost both her parents in the disaster of 9/11, and had spent years trying to get over their loss. She had finally found some peace on a beautiful piece of land in West Virginia --but it wasn't to last. One beautiful summer day she  discovers a cryptic message cut into her cornfield, which leads her on a journey to England, where she is confronted with the painful memories of her past.
In England, Alison comes to realize her parents were the real targets in the disaster of September 11, 2001, and she could be next. With the help of a childhood friend, she finds out her parents weren't just her parents--they were part of a very exclusive group that had for centuries been working to protect the planet from sinister alien forces. In their final stages, this group known as the Association had the resources to eliminate the alien forces that has kept humanity subservient for centuries--but then disaster struck. The Association was virtually eliminated in the catastrophe that was  9/11.  If Alison possessed the same abilities as her father, she could still save humanity--but could she before it was too late?

No comments:

Post a Comment